The Early Years Learning Framework forms the foundation of our centre’s early childhood curriculum. By implementing this framework, we ensure that children are experiencing quality teaching and learning under our care. Each child will be afforded the opportunity to engage in an early childhood curriculum aimed at achieving a balanced overall development of the whole child which covers:
- Physical Development – Fine and Gross Motor Skills – body movements involving the whole body using small and large muscles.
- Cognitive Development – thought processes, memory, problem solving, concentration and decision-making.
- Social / Emotional Development – developing social relationships with peers and adults, expressing emotions, resolving conflict.
- Language Development – developing expressive and receptive language skills, early literacy skills, understanding and following instructions.
- Self Help Skills – independently feeding, hygiene and toileting, dressing.
Using children’s interests and needs as the basis of our curriculum helps to ensure that learning is not only interesting but also effective, meaningful and relevant to children.